Austin Moore Hip Prosthesis Specification
- Austin Moore Hip Prosthesis is design for patient with limited femoral neck above the lesser trochanter.
- Designed for use as a salvage prosthesis for femoral neck fractures, nonunions, in femoral neck fractures with a shortened femoral neck (due to bony resorption).
- More vertical angle of the collar on the Austin Moore prosthesis tends to allow sinking of the prosthesis into the medullary cavity.
- This prosthesis has a more vertical neck angle and is better indicated for the patient with a low or distal neck fracture.
- Austin Prosthesis is cemented
- Austin Moore Prosthesis available in different head sizes to fit accurately in the acetabulum. Available Head Dia sizes are 37mm, 38mm, 39mm, 40mm, 41mm, 42mm, 43mm, 44mm, 45mm, 46mm, 47mm, 48mm, 49mm, 50mm, 51mm, 52mm, 53mm, 54mm 55mm, 56mm and 57mm. Any other Sizes will be also made on demand
- Available in both Sterile and Non-Sterile packing.
- Made up from high quality Medical grade stainless steel.
- Available in 3 types of Stem: Standard Stem, Narrow Stem and Extra Long Stem to choose according for best fit.
This Prosthesis is commonly used for the treatment of fractures of the femoral neck elderly patients.
Austin Moore was a pioneer in the use of the femoral-head prosthesis and Vitallium
On September 28, 1940 Austin Moore and Harold Ray Bohlman (1893–1979) published an early report on metallic hip replacement in a patient. They introduced the process of fixing the femoral head to a stem that would fit the proximal femur medullary canal.
- Austin Moore Hip Prosthesis – Excel Stainless Steel (Standard Stem). Hip Prosthesis are indicated for degenerated femoral head replacement.
- Designed approximately similar to anatomical shape of femoral head.
- The fenestrated stem allows the bonyin growth for improved fixation.
- The Austin Moore Hip Prosthesis is available in different head sizes to fit accurately in acetabulum.
Shagun Cares is well known for prosthesis procedure.