Shagun Cares® Broad DCP 4.5mm has following features:
- These plates are indicated for the fixation of various long bones, such as the humerus, femur, and tibia. These are also used in the fixation of peri-prosthetic fractures, osteopenic bone, and fixation of non-unions and malunions in adult patients.
- The oval-shaped hole is designed to create dynamic pressure between the fractured bone fragments.
- All holes of the plate allow 4.5 mm cortical screws and end holes of the plate allow 4.0 mm cancellous screws.
- Fixation with Broad DCP 4.5mm & 6.5mm screws. All holes are designed as self-compressing holes.
- All the end holes are designed for cancellous bone screws.
- Indication: As a tension band plate on the femur and for humeral pseudoarthrosis (not intended for the tibia).
- Use broad plates with six or seven holes in exceptional cases only, e.g. on the humerus.