The DHS Plate 95° (Dynamic Hip Screw Plate) designed by Shagun Cares is used to provide strong and stable internal fixation of a variety of intertrochanteric, subtrochanteric and basilar neck fractures, with minimal soft tissue irritation.
DHS Plate (Dynamic Hip Screw Plate) Specification
- Plates are made of 316L stainless steel and Titanium.
- The DHS are available in a wide range of sizes (2 to 20 holes) and barrel angles (130 degree, 135 degree, 140 degree, 145 degree), with 38 mm (standard) or 25 mm (short) barrels, for varied clinical situations.
- The number of screw holes per plate length is maximized, without compromising plate strength. This allows an increased number of fixation points with a smaller incision.
- DCP (dynamic compression plate) holes in the DHS side plate allow angulation of 4.5 mm cortex screws, for lag screw fixation of medial fragments, and allow axial compression and multiple-screw fixation of the main fragment in subtrochanteric fractures with shaft extension.
- The DHS/DCS lag screw, available from 50 mm to 150 mm lengths, easily glides within the DHS plate barrel for controlled collapse and impaction of fragments. When the fracture requires additional intraoperative compression, the DHS/DCS compression screw can be used; only one size compression
screw is needed.
- Two flats within the plate barrel correspond to the two-flat design of the DHS/DCS lag screw, preventing rotation of the lag screw within the barrel. The two-flat design also eases insertion of the plate over the DHS/DCS lag screw.
- The DHS Plate 95° have a low-profile design, reducing the risk of trochanteric bursitis.
- The DHS instruments provide direct measurements throughout the DHS procedure, allowing proper reaming, tapping and lag screw insertion depth. The built-in stop and locking nut on the DHS triple reamer prevent over-reaming.
- General Instruments are available for DHS Plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc